(Washington, DC – December 5, 2014) – Galileo Analytics co-founder Anna McCollister-Slipp will give testimony today before a meeting of the Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT’s Policy Committee’s Privacy and Security Workgroup.
McCollister-Slipp will join a roster of experts on various aspects of big health data. the agenda covers topics ranging from the potential benefits and opportunities of health data to create a learning health system to methods for ensuring patient privacy and security. McCollister-Slipp will address the workgroup at 2:30 pm EST, providing a patient perspective on concerns about the use of big data in health care.
- Other speakers during the day include:
- Rich Platt, Harvard Pilgrim healthcare Institute
- Steve Downs, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Patti Brennan, University of Wisconsin-Madison College of Engineering
- Michele DeMooy, Center for Democracy and Technology
- Mark Savage, Ntional Partnership for Women and Families
- Khaled El Emam, University of Ottawa
- Bob Gellman, private consultant
- Fred Cate, Indiana University Maurer School of Law
- Deven McGraw, Chair, Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Stanley Crosley, Co-Chair, Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
For more information about today’s meeting and to join the meeting virtually, visit: